Le Mans 24 Hours to be held without fans in 2020

ACO had been hoping to run this year’s rescheduled event in front of a limited trackside audience, having previously announced that those who had purchased tickets before June 29 will be guaranteed entry to the circuit for the race on September 19-20.

However, in a statement issued on Monday, it said that after considering various solutions to allow fans and after referring the relevant authorities, the “ACO and the Sarthe Prefecture have unanimously decided that the event will go ahead on 19-20 September 2020 without spectators”.

It added that a limited number of journalists will be allowed at the event.

“The 88th 24 Hours of Le Mans will go down in the annals of history as, sadly, the world’s greatest endurance race will be run this year with no spectators trackside,” Pierre Fillon, president of the Automobile Club de l’Ouest said.

“Over the last few weeks, we have looked at many ways in which we could hold our event in September with fans present, albeit in limited numbers. 

“However, given the constraints involved in organising a festival-scale event over several days in the current situation, we have opted with the local government authorities to hold the race behind closed doors. 

“There were still too many question marks regarding health and safety. We know that our fans will be as…

Read The Full Article