Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak’s tenure would be coming to an end.
The TV personality, 76, revealed on Monday that he will stop acting following the show’s forthcoming season 41, which will start production in September. Since he believes that it was the right moment. Their season 41, which would begin in September, would be his last. Pat Sajak further added that it was his final decision and he would have a bit more to speak on it in the upcoming months.
The executive vice president of game programs at Sony TV, Suzanne Prete, confirmed Sajak’s impending retirement in a statement but added that he will continue to consult on the show for the following three years.
Pat Sajak To Continue On The Program As A Volunteer For Three More Years
For 40 incredible years, said Prete, Pat has delighted millions of WOF fans across America.
She further added that they were extremely appreciative and delighted to have Pat Sajak as their host for so many years and that they were looking forward to honoring his tremendous career this next season. He has even offered the program to continue to volunteer in the program as a consultant for more than three years after the last season.
In 1981, Pat Sajak started presenting WOF. He made a possible retirement allusion in September last year when he stated that he will probably depart the show before being canceled.
Pat Sajak told Entertainment Tonight, “In other television series at this point, one may have said, that it was perhaps enough’, but their program would not die.” It seemed to him that he would go before their show did. Since the 1980s, Sajak has continuously presented WOF and the Celebrity WOF. After having surgery for a clogged bowel in 2019, he took a temporary break from the series. Pat Sajak’s replacement as host was White. Upon his return, he said, “I’m as good or bad as new, and that’s great.” “I’m still in the right headspace. They left that in place, so I’ll continue to sell vowels for a very long time.