Stimulus Check: Americans In 43 States Are Eligible For More Money

Stimulus Check
Stimulus Check

Whether or not Americans will get a fourth wave of stimulus checks is still up in the air, but homeowners around the country can qualify for further financial relief now via HAF.

The Treasury Department states that HAF’s goal is to “avoid mortgage delinquencies, foreclosures, energy services at their homes, and homeowners’ relocation enduring financial difficulty beyond January 21 in 2020.” Funds from the HAF may be used for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to mortgage payments, insurance premiums of homeowners, and utility bills.

Each stimulus check recipient received a different amount of money, ranging from $25 to more than $5000, but all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico received at least $50 million. In all, $498 million was allocated to tribes and the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands, while $30 million was allocated to the territories of American Samoa, Guam, the US Virgin Islands.

Stimulus Check Update: The Treasury Initially Sent 10% Funds

While the Treasury did provide 10% of the 2021 allocation to each state and territory so that trial programs could be put into place, the agency demanded that states submit implementation plans for evaluation before distributing the remaining 90%.

Each participant’s stimulus check amount, along with their implementation plans and comments, may be accessed on the “HAF Plans” page of the Treasury website.

The majority of states presently have active HAF programs, with just seven providing relatively limited details. Delaware, Idaho, Mississippi, Iowa, North Dakota, and Utah are not taking applications for aid at this time, however citizens of those states who are interested in HAF assistance are asked to keep checking on their individual program websites for updates.

You can find links to each state’s HAF programme on the NCSHA page, so homeowners in those areas may quickly and easily find out whether they qualify and submit an application online.

According to the NCSHA map, only 4 states and the DC are currently implementing experimental stimulus check programs.

There are direct links to applications or information on how to assess eligibility and contact a counselor on their respective websites so that each individual may get the help they need.