Carlo Ancelotti, the manager of Everton, has left the English side to return to Real Madrid for another stint as the Super Club’s head coach. The Italian, now 61 years old, had managed the Spanish side for a period of 2 years from 2013 to 2015.
Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Everton Fans Stunned
Carlo Ancelotti had been at the helm of Everton for eighteen months. At Real Madrid, he will be succeeding Zinedine Zidane. The appointment has also left Everton seeking a 6th manager, who will be permanent, in 5 years.
Carlo Ancelloti signed a deal lasting for three years with Real Madrid. He said that this was an opportunity he had not expected at all. He added that he had utter respect for all the personnel associated with Everton. He hopes that the club can get the best results from the exciting chances that are coming their way.
He has enjoyed his time at Everton, he said, but he considers this an unexpected gift of an opportunity. He believes this is the correct move for him and his family, presently.
Real Madrid will announce Carlo Ancelotti formally on Wednesday. Everton, meanwhile, has stated they have started looking for manager candidates that they can appoint immediately.
It is natural for Everton to still be reeling from how fast things developed in the span of 24 hours. Carlo Ancelotti was Farhad Moshiri’s, the owner’s, “Hollywood” manager. Moshiri considered getting Ancelotti as an amazing coup. Ancelotti is, after all, among the most respected and decorated figures in the game. He had hoped Carlo would have restored Everton to its glorious past.
His reign at Everton has been full of ups and downs, including beating Liverpool at their home since 1999. However, they could only manage a disappointing tenth place in the league this season.