Cristiano Ronaldo has maintained that his spat with Manchester United will not have an impact on Portugal’s performance at the FIFA World Cup 2022.
Cristiano Ronaldo Says ‘In My Life, The Best Timing Is Always My Timing’
“I have no doubt that this recent episode, that interview, and other episodes with other players that happen from time to time, might sometimes shock the player but will not shake the squad,” Ronaldo remarked on November 21.
Manchester United had previously recruited attorneys to investigate potential legal action against CR7 for suspected contract breach, in response to comments made by Ronaldo in a recent interview as the club sought to expedite his departure. Ronaldo had criticized his manager Erik Ten Hag for betraying him. According to The Guardian, the 37-year-old has been told not to return to the club’s training facilities after the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar, where he will represent Portugal.
Given Ronaldo’s desire to leave and United’s want to get rid of him, the question is how his exit will be handled. ManU feels he should not be paid and that the procedure should be completed as soon as possible.
Because Ronaldo’s future is unknown, the club is considering all options. According to The Guardian, Cristiano Ronaldo will almost certainly never play for Manchester United again. Portugal will face Ghana in their opening encounter on November 24 in Ras Abu Aboud, Stadium 974, Qatar.
Prior to the competition, most of the focus in Portugal has been on Cristiano Ronaldo’s contentious comments and whether the inclusion of two further Manchester United players will cause a schism within the team. Portugal’s lineup of 26 players is fully fit and ready to play their first match.
Ronaldo did not play in the warm-up game against Nigeria, and Joao Felix played excellently in his place, but he will not miss the game against Ghana.