When you delete instagram account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes and followers will be permanently removed. If you’d just like to take a break, you can temporarily disable your account instead.
How do I delete my Instagram account?
After you delete your account, you can’t sign up again with the same username or add that username to another account. We can’t reactivate deleted accounts.
For security reasons, we can’t delete an account for you. You’ll need to be able to log into your account to delete it. If you can’t remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in.
To permanently delete your account:
- Go to the Delete Your Account page from a mobile browser or computer. If you’re not logged into Instagram on the web, you’ll be asked to log in first. You can’t delete your account from within the Instagram app.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu next to Why are you deleting your account? and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu.
- Click or tap Permanently delete my account.
If you’d like to delete a different account:
- Click or tap the username in the top-right of the Delete Your Account page.
- Click or tap next to the username and select Log Out.
- Log back in as the account you want to delete and follow the directions above.