Plácido Domingo declared Sunday that he has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The 79-year-old opera singer’s illness comes after his own sparkling profession had as of late been stained by sexual misconduct revelations.
The Spaniard said in a post on his personal Facebook account that “I feel it is my moral duty to announce to you that I have tested positive.”
The tenor says he and his family are in self-isolation and that he is feeling admirable despite having fever and a hack.
“I beg everyone to be extremely careful, follow the basic guidelines by washing your hands frequently, keeping at least a 6 foot distance from others, doing everything you can to stop the virus from spreading and please above all stay home if you can!” he said.
Last year, various ladies accused Domingo of harassment and abusing his capacity while he held administration positions at Los Angeles Opera and Washington National Opera in stories published by The Associated Press.
After first denying any bad behavior, Domingo issued a statement of regret last month when the American Guild of Musical Artists and LA Opera found the sexual harassment allegations against him to be believable.
He has since had various performances dropped. He also resigned as the executive of the LA Opera.
Spain is the third hardest-hit nation after China and Italy with 28,572 infections and 1,720 deaths in the virus episode.
For most people, the new coronavirus causes just mellow or moderate symptoms, such as fever or hacking. For some, especially more seasoned adults and people with existing medical issues, it can cause increasingly severe illness, including pneumonia. Some 93,800 people have recuperated, mostly in China.
The virus has contaminated several driving politicians in Spain, and the head administrator’s wife, as well as caused the demise of previous Real Madrid soccer club president Lorenzo Sanz.