Nowadays, a web developer is in high demand. However, it is sufficiently challenging to secure a role at a premium company. It would be best if you had an exceptional resume to compete with thousands of other skilled developers in the market. One such example lies below:
Certified web developer with more than 10 years of experience. Proficient in developing databases and user interfaces and writing and testing codes. Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills. Looking for a job that will help me boost my capabilities every day.
High School Diploma
Modern High School
2008-2010 Stamford, CT
BS in Web Development
2010-2012 Herndon, VA
Spilstech | 2017-2021 | Herndon, VA
- Designed 20 significant websites that resulted in a 20% increase in user clicks and a 31% increase in customer purchases
- Supported and trained more than 60 staff members and 30 junior web developers
- Conceptualized and enforced a server
- Administered the complete lifecycle of software development
Cralberg | 2015-2017 | Herndon, VA
- Conducted liaised operations with the project manager and design team to deliver projects on time.
- Diagnosed and troubleshot different websites
- Formulated and implemented improvements in performance rates
- Designed numerous custom responsive Wordpress websites
- Machine Learning
- Video Games
Awarded with the ‘Top Web Developer Award’ in 2020 by Spilstech CEO for exemplary contributions to the company.
Let us look at the sections all web developers must include in their resumes:
- Format: A reverse-chronological resume format is a standard resume layout.
- Contact information: Your resume should include complete contact details so recruiters can quickly contact you.
- Resume Summary: An overview of the applicant’s experience and goals is included in the resume.
- Relevant Skills: A resume must include soft and hard talents that a recruiter looks for in a candidate.
- Experience: In this industry, a resume emphasizes accomplishment-oriented work experience. This section distinguishes you from other candidates. If you have a lot of work experience, you can skip the schooling portion entirely.
- Different areas: You could include sections about your interests and hobbies to set yourself apart from candidates with similar work experience and expertise.
It would help if you had a strong resume because recruiters read resumes from top to bottom.
- With a proper headline, a header welcomes recruiters to your resume.
- If you do not have much work experience, you should add an objective that positions you as an ideal prospect.
- If you are writing an entry-level resume with no experience, use the experience section or a substitute section.
- The technical skills area of your resume should be prioritized for the job you are looking for.
Examine the job description before drafting your CV, so it is tailored to the position. You can also create an attractive and thorough resume using pre-made resume templates. The final goal is to create a CV that makes you stand out from the crowd.