‘The Clark Sisters: First Ladies of Gospel’ is going to premiere on screen as a new Lifetime movie. The Clark Sisters are a famous gospel group. The all-female group has an amazing story to tell the world and the Lifetime movie will bare it open before the audience The movie, premiering on 11th April at 8 pm ET, will have Christina Bell starring as Twinkie, Sheléa Frazier starring as Dorinda, Kierra Sheard coming on to the screen as Karen, Raven Goodwin taking the role of Denise, Aunjanue Ellis portraying Mattie and also Angela Birchett starring as Jacky.
- At first, the Clark Sisters had 5 sisters. It began with Denise, Dorinda and others. By making gospel music popular among the common masses, they became quite famous in the 1980s. ‘Jesus Has a Lot to Give’ was their first album, released back in 1973. They are still the highest selling all-female gospel group in the entire history of music.
- The Lifetime Movie will focus on their family relationship. Like all families, the Clark Sisters have their own drama too and we can get a small insight on how they deal with this drama in this movie.
- The sisters have a solo career as well. Unfortunately, in 1986, Denise left the gospel group and the Clark Sisters are now down to 4 sisters.
- Their recent album was released in 2020 March and had a track, “His Love” which featured Snoop Dogg.
- The Clark Sisters are also remembered for their moving performance at the funeral of Aretha Franklin. Their rendition of “Is My Living in Vain” was really powerful.