Previous President Donald Trump is seen being questioned about the morning of the raid on the US Capitol in a promotional video for the Trump Documentary that the House select committee looking into on January 6, 2021, is interested in.
In response to a committee’s subpoena on January 6, British documentary filmmaker Alex Holder said on Tuesday that he has sent over a previously unreleased video of the Trump Documentary in the months before the uprising.
Holder stated in a statement that was circulated on Twitter that the committee will also take his deposition that day. While shooting a documentary series on the last 6 weeks of the ex-president’s 2020 re-election campaign, Holder had access to Trump as well as his family and colleagues.
Trump Documentary Has Unseen Footage Of The Capitol Attack
In addition to the never-before-seen video of the Capitol incident, he said that the video he gave over has interviews with Trump and his relatives in the run-up to the election.
Holder claimed that when the study began in September 2020, his team would never have foreseen that Congress would subpoena their work; yet, they are completely complying. According to Rolling Stone, Trump’s aides were taken aback by Holder’s cooperation and the film itself.
Several former members of Trump’s reelection campaign, according to the magazine, have said they were unaware the documentary about his campaign was being produced in the first place and only learned about it after reading the Politico article about the subpoena. The House Select Committee looking into the Jan. 6 disturbance at the U.S. Capitol has taken notice of documentary director Alex Holder’s three-part series Unprecedented, which focuses on former president Donald Trump’s re-election campaign. Discovery+ disclosed Wednesday that it has acquired the series.