- Schools and Universities closure and using online classes instead.
- 14-day airport lockdown starting from today
- Shisha (Hooka) banning from all the coffeeshops
- Ministry of health spreads awareness by SMS
- Follow up calls to make sure Egyptians who just came from other countries are feeling well with assuring them to stay home.
- 30،000 ِِِEGP penalty and a year prison in case of exploitation from any supermarket or pharmacy
- Preparing to add masks and sanitizers in the ration cards to be given for free for all citizens
- Ministry of communications and information technology is granting 30 times charged balance free minutes and internet
— وزارة الاتصالات وتكنولوجيا المعلومات- مصر (@MCIT_News) March 19, 2020
These consider just a small example of what the Egyptian Government has done. All the efforts done by the Egyptian government is to encourage people to stay home to stem the outbreak.